News & Events
- Faculty is Awarded Funding for Two New Research Centres
SFI are to fund two new centres of research in the Faculty. The funding has been competitively awarded in areas of national importance closely aligned to industry and enterprise.
- Women Improve Driving More Than Men Following "Black Box" Feedback
Researchers in the School of Engineering have conducted a study using Telematics Technology to help young, inexperienced drivers reduce road risk.
- Faculty Lecturers Receive Teaching Hero Awards.
Prof. Nicola Marples (Zoology) and Prof. Stephen Connon (Chemistry) received Teaching Hero awards at a ceremony in Dublin Castle on September 30th
- Walton Club in Physics Receives a Very Positive Response
An initiative for secondary students by Prof. Igor Shvets and Dr. Arlene O' Neill has had a huge response. More than 130 secondary school students attended the entrance exam for the Walton Club on Sat. 20th Sept.
- Birds of Prey Help Vultures to Find Food
Zoologists from the School of Natural Sciences headed by Dr. Andrew Jackson, have discovered how endangered vultures find their food, which will have important implications for their conservation.
- HRH Princess Maha Chakra Sirindhorn Opens New Garden as Part of Botany Research
The princess opened a new garden in a newly developed square adjacent to the Botany building. She also visited Trinity’s herbarium where she met with Professor John Parnell to see some of the unique plant material collected by Trinity botanists.