News & Events
- Major Clean Energy Breakthrough Made by Irish Researchers
Researchers at CRANN, the Nanoscience Institute based at Trinity College Dublin have developed a material which enhances the splitting of water at a very low energy cost using earth abundant raw materials.
- Trinity Acquires One of the World’s Most Powerful Microscopes
Ireland now has one of the world’s top 10 most powerful microscopes that can see objects a million times smaller than the diameter of a human hair. It allows the scientists who will use it to see right down to the size of a single atom.
- Prof. Yvonne Buckley Delivers her Inaugural Lecture
Prof. Buckley gave her lecture on March 23rd to a packed auditorium. She outlined the need for researchers working in the fields of ecology and technology to work to peotect our invaluable natural capital
- Trinity-Harvard Team Leading the Way in Soft Robotics Research
The Toolkit, the goal of which is to advance the field of soft robotics, was developed by researchers from Harvard in collaboration with engineers from Trinity College Dublin.
- Engineering Graduate Wins the 2016 Affordable Dialysis Prize
TCD alumnus Vincent Garvey has been awarded the Affordable Dialysis Prize and taken home US$100,000 for his innovative design.
- The Appliance of 3D Science
Prof. Valeria Nicolosi and her team working with Graphene to develop batteries that can be bent and moulded into the very products they are charging and last 50 times longer.