News & Events
- Researchers Pinpoint When Our Brains Convert Speech Sounds into Meaning
Researchers from the School of Engineering have discovered the precise moment our brains convert sound waves hitting the ear drum into words and sentences.
- Nobel Prize for Trinity Zoology Graduate
Bill Campbell, a former Zoology graduate from TCD has been awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine for his work on a therapy against roundworm
- All-Ireland Pollinator Plan 2015-2020
Ireland is one of the first countries in Europe with a strategy to address pollinator decline. Dr Jane Stout, Associate Professor in Botany at TCD co-chaired the Plan's steering group.
- FEMS Indoor Futsal Tournament
The final of the FEMS tournament between CTVR and Adaptovate FC was played in the Sports Centre on Thursday 27th August.CTVR won by 9 goals to 7. Funded by the Faculty of Engineering, Mathematics and Science, it raised €450 for the Irish Heart Foundation.
- 2015 Intel Women in Technology Scholarship Program
Scholarships are open to female school leavers entering specified four year undergraduate degree courses in science, technology and engineering.
- Faculty Schools Receive Athena SWAN Bronze Award
TCD has won a bronze institutional SWAN award for advancing gender equality. Three Faculty Schools - Physics, Chemistry and Natural Sciences also received landmark bronze awards.